Hello everyone!
We went to Ruby Falls this week! It was super cool and I definitely learned a lot of stuff about it! I would definitely suggest going one day if you can!
When we came up we went to the drive-in on Saturday night and watched Garfield and IF, and it was so fun! There were also a ton of people there who just hung out and visited everyone. Definitely not something I'm used to, but it was interesting. Then, on Thursday night we had the Boundaries Class that Michelle hosted at her church. It definitely had some good things to learn! I liked how they emphasized not saying sorry all the time. I feel like that class would pair well with the Boundaries book. Friday we went hiking with Sarah and Chase (Ruth's niece and nephew) and it was fun. Elijah and I hiked up in 1 hour and 15 minutes, which is a record for us (usually we make it up in 2-2:30 hours), and the rest of them rode the bus up. Then we hiked down and it took only about 1 hour or so (we went slower than usual). The last thing we did while up there was Buchanan Theater had the Unsung Hero movie so we went and watched it with Elijah. It was even better the second time! So yea, it was an amazing trip!!
Here is the link to the video for this week [Ruby Falls, etc.]
I'm going to try every week to add a Bible verse of the week, Quote of the week, and Song of the week. Hope they can encourage you, or maybe make you laugh, or just make you happy!
This weeks Bible verse: Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or understand, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
This weeks Quote: "I bind unto myself today the strong name of the Trinity, by invocation of the same, the Three in One, and the One in Three" --St. Patrick's Breastplate.
This weeks Song: [FKC It's Not Over Yet (LIVE)] (This band has been my favorite band forever. I've been watching all their live songs as I have time. They add things to the live that they don't have in the radio or the released version. Hope y'all enjoy)
What have y'all been up to?
~Charity, Soaring Hummingbird
Here's something I've been thinking about:
"Is true happiness and solace, joy and peace, and satisfaction in life, found when we try to contort and manipulate ourselves, those around us, and God? Or perhaps, on the contrary, is it found when we slow down and release that control?" -Joel Smallbone
When we let God take the reigns (release control) in every facet of our life, is that when we find true happiness? When we surrender our wills to His and know (even in our deepest of hearts) that everything that happens is for good? Even if God doesn't create evil, He will turn what happens into something good. I can't promise life will suddenly turn out better when we decide to trust God with our lives in His hand. But, there is a peace that makes everything else seem insignificant.
Ok, that's kind of what I was thinking based off the quote, but there's more. Maybe I'll write a little blog post on it. There is just way too much I have to say about that XD
Disclaimer: someone broke into our car while we were hiking that week and stole the cash and cards out of our purses. If you go hiking, I’d strongly suggest taking your purse or at least your wallet and any other valuables. We’ve been hiking for 3 years and have never had this problem, but apparently there’s a gang from FL that goes places women leave their purses in the car.
ReplyDelete*You have been warned* 😂 - honestly not something to joke about but thankfully nothing terrible happened and I’m choosing to find the joy in that day. So…. 😝 bye!
-Charity